Fergie! Jessica! Scarlett! Bold florals are blooming all over Hollywood! But this trend isn't just for the runway or red carpet...it works in real life too. InStyle's Fashion Director Cindy Weber Cleary shares 5 tips to help pull off the look.
1. Look for streamlined shapes -- a button front shirt, flowy bottoms, or a teeny bikini.
2. Pair your floral piece with something clean (white jeans) or an accessory that provides contrast (a shoe with some heft, like a cork platform or a linen-covered oxford).
3. Stay away from pastels, watercolor florals and pink rosebuds.
4. Be as natural as a '60s flower child when it comes to makeup; a little mascara, nude lips.
5. Keep accessories simple and unfussy -- think thin gold hoops, a stack of faux ivory cuffs, or a strand of wooden beads.
Pick up a copy of the June issue of InStyle, on newsstands today!
Copyright 2012 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.