After months of speculations and rumors, MBC has finally confirmed the rumors that a sequel to the smash-hit drama, Dae Jang Geum (Jewel In the Palace) has been green lit.
MBC released a special press release on September 17 revealing MBC’s head, Kim Jae Chul, recently spent 5 days visiting China’s broadcasting stations to produce an agreement to jointly produce a sequel to the hallyu drama.
Visiting Hunan TV, Shanghai Media Group and three broadcasting stations in total, the MBC head and his counterparts discussed jointly producing the drama and launching a new business together.
Hunan TV, as the first Chinese broadcasting station to air Dae Jang Geum in 2005, has agreed to invest in and later air the sequel.
The sequel has not yet set an official production date but MBC cautiously shared it is looking to begin production next year with a possible summer premiere.
The casting of the actors and director and staff also remains up in the air with many wondering if the original drama’s popular leads including Lee Young Ae and Ji Jin Hee will return.
Photo Credit: MBC
Reporter : Stewart Ho (email@example.com)
[Any copying, republication or redistribution of www.enewsworld.com's content other than for personal uses is expressly prohibited without prior permission from enewsWorld. Copyright infringement is subject to criminal and civil penalties.]
[Hot News You Should Know]
- [Video] Psy and Lee Seung Gi Reveal the ‘Metal Refrigerating Dance’ in New CF
- LeeSsang′s Gary Doesn′t Plan on Getting Married
- JYJ’s Park Yoo Chun Closes Asia Fan Meeting Tour in Thailand With 5,000 Fans
- [Video] Psy, Usher and Scooter Braun Appear at NY Club Together
- CN Blue′s Lee Jung Shin Lauches Acting Career Successfully with ′My Daughter Seo Young′