The September 21 broadcast of MBC Special saw a rise in viewership ratings thanks to Psy, as it recorded 8.6 percent (AGB Nielsen), which is four times the 2.2 percent viewership rating of its previous episode.
The day′s episode concentrated on the global Gangnam Style boom sweeping through the world. It covered Psy appearing at the 2012 MTV Video Music Awards and NBC′s The Ellen Show as well as The Today Show. It also showed Psy during an interview with the Associated Press and met with local fans who were crazy for the song.
The show then interviewed Psy′s overseas manager, Scooter Braun, who also manages Justin Bieber.
Scooter Braun revealed how he discovered and came to sign Psy as well as spoke on the singer′s wild popularity.
MBC Special′s biggest competitor, KBS2′s Love and War 2, stepped down from the throne with 7.5 percent ratings, while SBS′ Go Show stopped short with 5.9 percent.
Photo credit: MBC
Reporter : Jeon Su Mi (email@example.com)
[Any copying, republication or redistribution of www.enewsworld.com's content other than for personal uses is expressly prohibited without prior permission from enewsWorld. Copyright infringement is subject to criminal and civil penalties.]
[Hot News You Should Know]
- [Video] Psy and Jill Stuart Collaboration in the Works?
- Psy Partying it Up With Usher, Leonardo DiCaprio, Paris Hilton and More
- [Video] Psy Performs ‘Office Style’ on ‘Chelsea Lately’
- [Interview] Big Bang′s G-Dragon Talks about His Envy Toward Psy
- Psy to Hold 10,000-Seating Concert With Cyworld in October