Uhm Tae Woong may soon be returning to viewers on the small screen through SBS’ upcoming new historic drama.
Uhm Tae Woong’s agency confirmed initial reports on October 24 that the actor was in final discussion with the production of SBS’ The Hidden Story of Yi Soon Shin (tentative title) to play the leading role of Admiral Yi Soon Shin.
Directed by Jin Hyuk, who previously directed such dramas as City Hunter, the new historic drama revolves around the story of Admiral Yi Soon Shin, one of Korea’s most celebrated historic figures.
In the fictional account, Yi Soon Shin doesn’t die in the naval battle of Noryang but travels the seas all around the world to find a new land to govern.
The drama is aiming for a summer 2013 premiere and if Uhm Tae Woong accepts the role, will mark his first television drama role since May’s The Equator Man.
Photo Credit: Sim Entertainment
Reporter : Stewart Ho (email@example.com)
[Any copying, republication or redistribution of www.enewsworld.com's content other than for personal uses is expressly prohibited without prior permission from enewsWorld. Copyright infringement is subject to criminal and civil penalties.]
[Hot News You Should Know]
- Daniel Henney Joins Chinese Romantic Comedy Movie, ‘F.I.P’ Opposite Fan Bing Bing
- Core Contents Media to Unveil the Second SeeYa on November 5
- Huh Gak and John Park Compete Against Each Other Again at ‘MAMA’
- Shinhwa’s Minwoo Resumes Solo Activities With Solo Christmas Concert
- KBS Releases Images of Shinhwa’s Kim Dong Wan Filming for ‘Cheer Up, Mr. Kim’