Alex the Lion, Marty the Zebra, Melman the Giraffe and Gloria the Hippopotamus are off on another wild adventure, this time with their eyes set on New York. Of course, when you depend on chimpanzees and penguins to get you there, you'll invariably find yourself on a very eventful trip. The foursome end up in Monte Carlo, Monaco, where mayhem ensues and they attract the unwanted attention of the tyrannical Captain DuBois from the animal control department. In their bid to escape, they join a traveling circus.
Led by the now disillusioned Siberian tiger, Vitaly, the circus has seen better days. But following a whirlwind tour through Europe with Alex, Marty, Melman and Gloria, Vitaly and his circus pals rediscover their love for the big top - a heart-warming story for everyone.
MADAGASCAR 3 : EUROPE’S MOST WANTED is the first 3D film in the animated series, and you can sneak a peek at what's in store here with this trailer.
Now that you've seen the trailer (and you're going to have to to get this right) simply answer this simple question, complete the slogan and you'll be in the running to win some amazing prizes.
Question: What colour is Captain DuBois' hair?
Slogan: My favourite Madagascar character is ___________ because ___________.
Send your full name, I/C number, handphone number and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org. Contest period runs from 29 May to 12 June 2012. Winners will be notified by email.
- 7 x Limited Edition MADAGASCAR 3 : EUROPE’S MOST WANTED Silicone Watches worth RM100 each.
- 4 x Limited Edition MADAGASCAR 3 : EUROPE’S MOST WANTED Travel Set worth RM150 each.
- 2 x Limited Edition MADAGASCAR 3 : EUROPE’S MOST WANTED Juggling Backpack worth RM350 each.
- 4x Limited Edition MADAGASCAR 3: EUROPE'S MOST WANTED Slap-on Wristbands worth RM50 each.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. This contest is run by Yahoo! Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. (Co. Reg. No. 877665-A), a company incorporated in Malaysia and having its registered office at Level 21 Suite 21.01 The Gardens South Tower, Mid Valley City Lingkaran Syed Putra, 59200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia ("Yahoo!").
2. By entering this contest you agree to these terms and conditions which will at that time become binding between you and Yahoo!. Your participation in the contest is in consideration for Yahoo! allowing you to enter it and giving you the opportunity to win a prize. This is an irrevocable condition of entry.
3. No purchase is necessary in order to enter the contest. There is no fee charged to enter into this contest other than the cost of you accessing the Internet which you would otherwise have.
4. You must be at least 18 years of age and a citizen or permanent resident of Malaysia to enter into this contest and receive a prize if you win. Employees of Yahoo! or any of its group companies or its agencies associated with this promotion, and their immediate family members, are not eligible to enter or participate. Entrants will be deemed to be the natural person to whom the email address (provided on entry) is registered. Only one entry per person is permitted.
5. The prizes for the contest (the “Prize”) are set out on the contest page at [https://my.entertainment.yahoo.com/news/contest-madagascar-3-europes-most-wanted.html] (the “Contest Site”). Any pictures used to promote the prizes are for information only. There is no cash alternative instead of the prize. Yahoo! reserves the right to change or substitute any of the prizes.
6. The contest will run from 0000 hours on 29 May 2012 (Malaysia time) to 2359 hours on 12 June 2012 (Malaysia time) (the “Contest Period”).
7. To be eligible for the contest, you must submit your application as detailed on the contest page at the Contest Site. Entries must be received no later than the expiry of the Contest Period, after which no further application will be accepted. Yahoo! will not be responsible for and will not consider incomplete or incorrect entries. Yahoo! is not responsible for entries that are sent but not received by Yahoo! for any reason.
8. At the end of the Contest Period, all valid applications and Materials (as defined below) submitted as part of the Contest will be evaluated and judged by, and entirely in the sole and absolute discretion of, a panel of Yahoo! representatives. Decisions by Yahoo! are final.
9. The following criteria apply: (a) in contests in which winners are selected at random, the odds of winning depend upon the number of entries received and cannot be determined in advance; (b) in contests in which winners are selected based upon skill or accomplishments, winners will be chosen by Yahoo! on the merits of each entry, in Yahoo!'s sole and absolute discretion; (c) in contests in which winners are selected on the basis of being the nth person to complete a stated action, the winner shall be that person provided that he or she validly completes the action, validity being determined by Yahoo!, in its sole and absolute discretion; and (d) in contests and polls in which Yahoo! solicits votes by the public to help decide the winner, while the results of such polls may be a considered factor in determining the winner, the winner will ultimately be selected by Yahoo! in its sole and absolute discretion.
10. Each winner of a Prize will be notified by email within one day after the end of the Contest Period. If Yahoo! is unable to contact any initial selected winner, Yahoo! reserves the right to select another contestant as a winner. The details of each winner including any picture and video may be posted on Yahoo! websites. Every reasonable effort will be made to contact the winners. If a winner cannot be contacted within two days of the end of the Contest Period, the Prize will revert to Yahoo! and may be awarded to another entrant at Yahoo!’s absolute discretion.
11. The Prizes will be available for collection during office hours at the following designated Yahoo! office: Yahoo! Malaysia Sdn. Bhd., located at Level 21 Suite 21.01 The Gardens South Tower, Mid Valley City Lingkaran Syed Putra, 59200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
12. Winners will be required to present a proof of identification and Yahoo!’s email notification when claiming the Prize. In the event that a representative is collecting the Prize, the winner’s authorization letter and proof of identification as well as the representative’s proof of identification will be required.
13. Winners must collect their Prizes by 19 June 2012. Yahoo! does not accept any responsibility for any winner's failure to collect his/her Prize. Yahoo! may award, assign or dispose of any uncollected Prizes in any manner in its sole discretion.
14. Reporting and payment of all applicable taxes, fees, and/or surcharges, if any, arising out of, or resulting from, acceptance or use of a Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner of that Prize. For the avoidance of doubt, except as specifically stated, the prizes do not include and Yahoo! will not be responsible or liable for any tax, insurance, telecommunication charge, travel expense and/or any other personal expense that the winners incur or may incur in connection with the acceptance, receipt or use of the Prizes or travel to and from the Prize redemption venue, which will remain the sole responsibility of the winners. Yahoo! expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability for any damage, injury or loss to or suffered by any person, entity or property directly or indirectly arising from or relating to the delivery, collection and/or subsequent use of any Prize. Yahoo! makes no representations or warranties, whether express or implied, or in fact or in law, concerning the quality, appearance, safety or performance of any Prize awarded. Yahoo! is not obliged to and will not replace any Prize with a similar prize or any other prizes, in the event the winner and/or his/her designee or nominee are unable to enjoy the Prize. Yahoo! will not replace any lost or stolen prize items.
16. (b) If you are a winner of a Prize, Yahoo! may use your information collected during the contest for marketing or promotional purposes, including using your name and likeness to announce the winners online as described above in section 10.
17. You represent and warrant that you own all rights, titles and interests to and in any slogan and/or any other materials submitted via your application or entry on the Contest Site (the “Materials”) and can provide written confirmation of any of the above upon request. You further warrant and represent that the Materials are original and have been legally obtained and created, and do not infringe the intellectual property rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party.
18. All Materials submitted by you to Yahoo! shall become the sole and exclusive property of Yahoo!, and we shall have no obligation to preserve, return, or otherwise make available to you or others any Materials.
19. You hereby grant to Yahoo! and its affiliates, legal representatives, assigns and licensees, the right and permission to copy (as appropriate), reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, broadcast, display, publicly perform, exhibit and/or otherwise use or reuse (without limitation as to when or to the number of times used), your name, address, image, voice, likeness, statements, biographical material and Materials (in each case, as submitted or as edited by Yahoo!, in Yahoo!'s sole discretion), as well as any additional photographic images, video images, portraits, interviews or other materials relating to you and arising out of your participation in this contest (with or without using your name) (collectively, the "Additional Materials") in any media throughout the world for advertising and publicity purposes without additional review, compensation, or approval.
20. You agree to indemnify and hold Yahoo! and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders or other partners, and any of their employees (collectively, the "Contest Entities"), harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the Contest Entities due to or arising out of your Materials or Additional Materials in this contest, including but not limited to trademark, copyright, or other intellectual property rights, right of publicity, right of privacy and defamation.
22. Except as otherwise required by applicable law, Yahoo! is not responsible for any loss or damage associated with you entering into this contest, the carrying out of the draw or the provision or otherwise of any aspect of any prize or any act or omission of any other person or party, and all warranties, conditions and representations (of any kind) not expressly set out in these terms and conditions are hereby excluded.
23. Yahoo! may terminate these terms and conditions, the contest or any prize if you do not comply with any of these terms and conditions or are unlikely to do so, if Yahoo! decides in its absolute discretion to withdraw the contest before any winners are notified, or thereafter if any circumstances beyond Yahoo!’s reasonable control prevent or restrict Yahoo! or any other person or party from providing the Prize or any aspect of the Prize.
24. Yahoo! reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to alter the contest rules at any time.
25. Yahoo! will have the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any participant found to be or in Yahoo!’s reasonable opinion has been: (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the submission of entries, the selection process or any Yahoo! property or service; (b) violating these terms and conditions or any applicable law or regulation; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any Yahoo! property or service; (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or (e) improperly obtaining or attempting to improperly obtain an unfair advantage, over other participants in this contest. Further, Yahoo! reserves the right to disqualify any entry or application which, in Yahoo!'s sole opinion, is deemed to be offensive, disparaging to the Yahoo! or otherwise portraying Yahoo! in a negative manner, libellous, slanderous, inflammatory, or otherwise inappropriate in any way for this contest.
26. You agree that (unless applicable law requires otherwise) any right that you have under applicable law to cancel ends when the winner of the contest is announced. If thereafter you cannot participate in any prize for reasons beyond your reasonable control, you must notify Yahoo! and Yahoo! may in its absolute discretion give that prize to someone else.
27. You may not assign or transfer your rights or obligations, or subcontract your obligations, under these terms and conditions, such as giving a prize to anyone else, without Yahoo!’s prior written consent. Yahoo! may assign or transfer its rights or obligations, or subcontract its obligations, under these terms and conditions without your consent.
28. Yahoo! or its licensors retain and reserves all rights in and to each website, and all aspects of the contest and each prize, including all derivatives, developments, modifications and improvements.
29. These terms and conditions, and any instructions from Yahoo!, constitute the entire agreement between you and Yahoo!, superseding any prior agreements between you and Yahoo! on the subject matter herein. Any failure or delay by Yahoo! in exercising or enforcing, or partial exercise or enforcement of, any right or provision of these terms and conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision (or waive any further exercise or enforcement) or any other right or provision. If any provision of these terms and conditions is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavour to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision and the other provisions of the terms and conditions will remain in full force and effect.
30. These terms and conditions and any dispute relating thereto or between you and us will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia. Any dispute between the Parties herein shall be resolved by arbitration in Kuala Lumpur in accordance with the Arbitration Rules of the Kuala Lumpur Regional Arbitration Centre (the “Rules”) for the time being in force, which Rules are deemed to be incorporated by reference in this Clause. The language of the arbitration shall be English, and the award by the arbitral panel shall be final and binding on the parties.